- bright lipstick makes your face look better - even when you are looking haggard (which is how i was this morning)
- i need to treat this recovery and rehab stage in the same way i'd treat a training programme for a marathon - with dedication and focus and realising that it will take up a lot of my 'free time'
- knitting and reading are two of my favourite things in the entire world.
- i feel better with lots of water in my system.
- work (finally) got a microwave, and despite the concerns of microwaving food that float (no pun intended) around, i love the variety that has been added to my lunch selection
- shopping the sales makes me wonder why i ever buy anything full price?
- wool for the latest baby blanket has arrived (no, not for us)
- february is shaping up to be a month of parties and entertaining and i cannot wait.
- i love the quiet simplicity of january.
- i am hitting up a local department store on my way home to buy some amy butler fabric on special, a.b. and marvellous should watch the post!
- two adults generate an enormous amount of laundry - what happens when you add children?
- nothing perks me up like freshly painted fingernails.
- the this american life app rocks my world, and keeps me entertained on long tube commutes, get it.
- i've just discovered the joy of using the steam room at the gym post workout, how have i missed this for so long?
- god has redeemed so much in such a short space of time - and i am in awe of it all.
- looking forward to date night with le boy tonight - we're doing sausage rolls from here (love this recipe!) and starting this series. snuggle time on the couch here we come!
- i think i'll pick up some hyacinths tomorrow, my office needs a spruce up, starting with some colourful and sweet smelling flowers.
- i need to decide on some houseplants, let's get something growing.
- i'm starting to think about what i'd like to do in the garden this summer.
- curtains are begging to be stitched - perhaps tonight before dinner?
- getting back into a routine is more difficult than i realised.
- i need to go to bed earlier.
Wednesday, 11 January 2012
a collection of thoughts.
life is ticking by here. it is how it should be. here's what i'm thinking.