but now, i'm working and depend on sneaking peeks online during the day and using catch-up player in the evenings. it's a bit bizzare to live in the same city as the olympics. and it's great. plus it's bringing friends back to us for a week, so in my opinion, it's amazing!
this weekend will be spent assembling IKEA dressers (yes!) and organizing the last of our clothes. i can definitively say that we officially have too many workout clothes. it's crazy. insane-crazy. i'm not sure i'd be exaggerating if i said that fully one-half of the combined wardrobe was workout gear. i told you. insanity.
we'll also celebrate our first anniversary - but that deserves it's own excitement. and post.
last week we started off the olympics with a viewing of the road race. there were high hopes for a british medal that just weren't to be, but it was great to get out and see the excitement of the cycling community, in a place we so regularly enjoy. le boy kept saying, "it's just so weird to see them cycling on my cycle route..." i'm going to diving on tuesday with a friend, and i'm so excited! and we're hoping to catch some more live events over the next week.
- i've kept up with the nehemiah study and LOVE it! such a great dig into the old testament, it has been a blessing on my summer.
- memorisation has flagged a little, with travelling and a bit of laziness, but neh 2:18 has been a great scripture to think about regularly.
- completed three books in july, each of them such wonderful reads that i believe the deserve a little post all their own. but if you've not yet read the following, download them to kindle, rush out to buy them at your local bookstore, or click on over to amazon...beautiful, inspiring reads, each of them.
- a visit from the goon squad - jennifer egan
- state of wonder - ann patchett
- gilead: a novel - marilynne robinson
- i wanted to be active everyday of our vacation - this was easily achieved in the hot (but dry heat) california. not so easily achieved in ontario where our days were packed from morning to night and the humidty was almost oppressive. it reached over 40 one day, that did me in.
- plane crochet - a nice little basket for my knitting in the front room
- diy around the house - pillow covers sewn, spray painted picture frames, lots of painting in a small room, dreaming up finishing touches
- finish out the nehemiah study strong
- pick up the last of my bible-in-a-
year-two years plan and get to work on finishing it
- memorise three scriptures
- reading 'the art of fielding' by chad harbach and finding it absorbing.
- read something else
- i will admit that i've started weight watchers - and it's working! i've lost 4.5 lbs! which feels really, really good. i'm using the online plan and think that it might be the key to some success for me. i realised that really, i'm already so active that i have to change my eating habits (particularly that cheese as an afternoon snack habit)
- my trainer has me on a new four days a week strength plan and i would LOVE to actually hit the gym consistently four days a week - i'm looking forward to some serious strength gains this month!
- finishing the drapes and bits of home-dec sewing that are languishing (on my kitchen table no-less)
- finishing off decorating the spare room and 'lounge' ie family room
- begin my autumn knitting project. i realised that i needed to get going if i wanted to actually be able to wear it come the cooler weather - which here, is sadly, just around the corner
enjoy august friends - i just love the meaning of the word - to inspire awe and admiration - i am hoping that this month does just that for all of us!