Wednesday 19 May 2010

I heart Jamie Oliver.



I have a deep love for all things Jamie Oliver. In reality I have a deep appreciation for anything that includes quality food, this probably explains my deep and abiding love for Mr. Oliver. A few months ago I had some good friends over for dinner and in an effort to have an 'interactive dinner party' (I hear these are all the rage right now...) I decided on pizzas. But in a homemade kind of way. Well let's just say that my love for Jamie deepened that night. We created what G declared to the 'the best pizza he had ever had in his entire life.' It's a bold statement, but I think it might just be accurate. And so, ever since I've tried to keep some dough and sauce in the freezer for the nights when you want a home-cooked meal, but have not the energy to create everything from scratch right then and there. Last night was such a night.

So let's talk about this dough. It's soft and silky, it rolls out beautifully, it crisps up exactly as a pizza base should. In a word, it's divine. The tomato sauce is out of this world, requires a bit of effort, but is oh so worth it and really, the effort is the easy kind, where you push steaming chunks of tomato through a sieve, creating some of the smoothest, deepest red, perfectly seasoned sauce you've ever had. I'm not exaggerating here. I promise.




And here we are after:




Tonight's dinner, if you so choose can be brought to you by Mr. Oliver also...

dough
 
sauce
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment