here we're preparing for what i've affectionately called my 'planned convalescence' it's rather strange to know you're about to be laid up for many weeks. i'm trying to get in all i can while i've got the chance. to rest and prepare my body for healing. to prepare our house for a period of quietness. wool has been ordered. marvellous is coming over. the lovefilm queue has been updated. i'm stocking the freezer. and piling up the books.
::intentions for november::
- leave an extra 15 minutes for getting ready in the morning (stop the rush!)
- take this month just as it comes
- be gentle with myself in the lead up to and after the surgery
- exercise every day until nov 17
- drink 2+ liters a day of water - the heating in my office has been turned on, bad news for the skin!
After the summer's yield, Lord, it is time
to let your shadow lengthen on the sundials
and in the pastures let the rough winds fly.
As for the final fruits, coax them to roundness.
Direct on them two days of warmer light
to hale them golden toward their term, and harry
the last few drops of sweetness through the wine.
Whoever's homeless now, will build no shelter;
who lives alone will live indefinitely so,
waking up to read a little, draft long letters,
and, along the city's avenues,
fitfully wander, when the wild leaves loosen.