Wednesday 23 March 2011

forgetting the past.

i am endeavouring to engage in the practice of lent. it is a season that speaks deeply to me. it is a time that i have often been blessed by extended bible study, prayer, and reflection. it is my sincere hope that this season is also fruitful as i meditate on the significance of christ's sacrifice and the ultimate celebration in the christian year - easter. i am hoping to post a reflection daily on my lent page, also found on the header above. on wednesdays i'll be linking up with walk with him wednesdays on a holy experience. i invite you to join me.

lent 15.

phil 3:12-21 & 4
13 ...but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead Phil 3:13
 
 forgetting the past. whew. i struggle with this one. i struggle with remembering that god has already forgotten - that he has removed our transgressions from us as far away as the east is from the west. i struggle to remember to look ahead.

confession: i can be incredibly myopic.  i can focus on exactly what is in front of me and ever better i can focus on what i have done. mainly, what i have done wrong. but slowly and surely i am getting better. i am looking forward. i am taking my thoughts captive to my saviour and asking him to fill my mind with his thoughts.


i *know* he has wiped clean my slate of sin, i am facing his glory with joyful expectation.


prayer:
train my eyes on you alone jesus. help me, help me, help me. amen and amen and amen.


1 comment:

  1. Beutiful heartfelt words today. Love your prayer. I said it too!!!

    ReplyDelete